This is our old blog (until 2008-2019) , we have moved to our new site - https://www.norad4u.com/blog2020/

Search This Blog

Friday, May 24, 2019

Why do I love the ENV RD10 so much?

I am in love.
My wife know all about it. 
It is not a secret, I talk about it all the time.
And my wife, she knows it is my new baby.

I am proud to say I helped in the process of the ENV RD10 creation. 
I helped by defining the use cases, the features and the requirements.
I also helped in the QA along the stages of development of the meter and the PC software. 
And now, since the day I got it, it is in my pocket, with me wherever I go.

It is sooooo wonderful.  

The ENV RD10 is a tiny EMF meter.
It is so tiny I forget it is in my pocket.
It fit perfectly into my Zippo pocket in my jeans. 
It is so tiny that most of the complains we get from people is that they don't remember where they left it. 

The ENV RD10 can measure RF, ELF Magnetic field and ELF Electric field.
It marks the level of the radiation on it 9 color leds (4 green, 3 yellow, 2 red). 
It has an audio alarm that goes off whenever the levels exceed the forth green light (in all the modes).
It has a sampling rate of 20000 per second, so it catches even the fast pulses. 

In RF mode it can measure between 100MHz to 8GHz, from 0.0005mW/m2 to 100mW/m2.
In ELM mode it can measure from 0.2mG to 20mG.
In ELE mode it can measure from 2V/m to 1000V/m.

It has a MINI USB connection that you can use to charge the internal battery, or connect it to a smartphone(in airplane mode) or a PC or Mac for Numerical measurements and recording of the measurement(!!!). 
The battery can last for 7 hours in normal mode, or for 12 hours in audio-only mode(only audio alarm , no light on led bar) . 

Users profile:
1. For people who don't like to read numbers and need a first easy to operate all in one meter.
2. For EHS people as a second "in pocket" & "go with" alarm meter.

What are the main use cases:
1.  Training  - the meter is so easy to use and the reading is very easy to understand. So the meter make a best choice for training and demos. 
2. Finding EMF sources and penetration points - The meter can be used to search your house for EMF sources and penetration points.  It will also allow you to see it the protection installed or the steps you did in order to reduce exposure helped,
3. An Alarm pocket size all in one meter - Can be used by EHS people, while they are on the go, while in their pocket, to alert them of rooms or places with high levels of RF/LFM/LFE radiation, or it someone with a hidden RF source approach them (happens to me all the time, and the meter sounds the alarm reminding me to ask this person to turn off his devices).
4. As a recording meter (when operating with a software on the PC/MAC/Smart phone (in airplane mode) to allow the user to record long measurements, even over few hours!!!

Special Features:
The meter has several software version (embedded) that include special features:
1. High Sensitivity mode - this version make the meter's alarm sounds off on the third green light (in RF it will sound off at 0.1mW/m2, while in normal sensitivity mode it will at 0.5mW/m2). 
2. Accumulation mode -  this version make the meter count the number of times every led was lighted over the last operation. The numbers accumulated will be displayed on the PC software the next time the meter will be connected to the PC. The numbers will give you an estimation of your exposure during the day. This feature brings down the sampling rate to 5000 per second.
3. Audio only mode - "Audio only" or "battery safe" mode the led lights do not light up. This allows the meter to work, with audio alarm while in your pocket, for about 12 hours on a single charge.



No comments:

Post a Comment